Meet Ashley Brooke. You may already know her, she's the owner and fabulous designer behind Ashley Brooke Designs
. From her Vogue sense of style to her darling designs, she is a smart entrepreneur and clever designer we like to keep on our radar. Her products are on our Pinterest
boards and all of our "wish lists". She'll be sure to win your heart once you read about her throwback style.
1. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
"Oh.....a ballerina that moonlighted as a vet. Listen, I still feel this would be an amazing career choice. Fluffy tutus and furry puppies. I think I really had a great idea there for a while."
2. To be successful you must love what you do; what do you do and why do you love it?
"I am the Owner and Creative Director of Ashley Brooke Designs, a Creative Studio and Lifestyle Brand. We create products that are sure to brighten your day, fancy up your desk, and gifts that will make everyone want to be your bestie. My job is the dream; there isn't a day that goes by that I'm not incredibly grateful for the chance to wake up each day and go to work."
3. How would Vogue describe your baby style back in the day?
"Oh gosh, how do you describe an extremely chubby, fair skinned, bright blue-eyed baby dressed in all pink and ruffles? Let's just call it "80's Butterball Chic"
4. Was there an item or accessory you recall disliking, but were forced to wear?
"Anything that wasn't a pink dress that twirled was just not happening. You've never seen anything like it; during the cold months, my mom would put me in a sweat suit and then put a pink twirly dress over top. Not kidding. No dress? Not leaving the house."
5. Since it's #TBT, tell us your favorite "vintage" fashion icon.
"Grace Kelly, she's everything."