Emily Ley, Founder and Creator Directive of Emily Ley Paper and Gifts
is a darling Southern lady we think you will adore and admire. She helps women get organized, stay playful, and be fashionable all at the same time. Emily is not only the sparkle behind the brand, she is also the sparkle to 3 darling children that are exploding with cuteness!
1. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up? "I wanted to be a children’s book author… I still do! I always thought this would be such a fun, creative job! At different points, I also wanted to be a ballerina, a teacher and an artist. Best part was — my parents always told me I could be anything in the world I wanted to be."
2. To be successful you must love what you do; what do you do and why do you love it? "I'm a designer. Our brand is called “Emily Ley” and it features day planners (The Simplified Planner), baby books and other products to help busy women love well and live simply. I love it because as a Mama of three kiddos under five (our preschooler, Brady, and six month old twins, Caroline and Tyler) I totally understand that “the battle for our happiness begins on the pages of our calendars” (a quote from my favorite author Bob Goff, in his book Love Does). I love being able to do work that encourages and equips other women and myself at the same time."
3. How would Vogue describe your baby style back in the day? "Vogue would say my Mama knew what she was doing with those thick bangs and lace adorned dresses! My mom saved a lot of my baby clothes so that my little girl, Caroline, could wear them. So special!"
4.Was there an item or accessory you recall disliking, but were forced to wear? "TIGHTS. What little girl doesn’t dislike TIGHTS. They were always drooping and I was always snatching them back up (snagging them of course)
5. In fashion blogger style, tell us about your children’s look. "My oldest, Brady, is a big guy. He’s tall and lean like his daddy. He wears a lot of preppy polos and bright colored shorts. He’d wear flip flops all year long if he could. We live in Florida so its totally acceptable! Caroline and Tyler are twins. I do the matchy-matchy thing, but not in an identical way. I love to coordinate their clothes with cotton playtime favorites and smocked goodies as well. I monogram anything that isn’t moving."
6. Since it’s #TBT, tell us your favorite “vintage” fashion icon. "Oh my goodness! I adore Audrey Hepburn. I mean, who doesn’t. So classic. So polished. So feminine."
Happy Throw Back Thursday! (And thank you, Emily!) MWAH!