This week we are spicing things up with not just one little lady, but with two lovely ladies who know how to flamingle! The Palm Beach Lately
ladies are sisters sharing the latest Palm Beach fashion, home, social, and travel trends. We love stalking their blog and instagram feed to see what the dynamic duo are up to; there's never a dull moment! And, they are not only lifestyle experts and super stars- they are business women too. You can shop: www.palmbeachlately.com
to get your hands on some of their favorite things- they offer everything from wine glasses to wrapping paper. We want the Palm Beach Lately Map, the Cinco Powell Arrow Mini Tag Necklace, and the Hayden Reis Banana Leaf Tote (just in case you were wondering).
Okay- here goes the interview!
1. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
Beth: " I wanted to be a teacher. I would teach anything that would listen…my little sister, stuffed animals lol." Danielle: " For Kindergarten graduation, our teacher asked the class to dress up as whatever career we wanted to be and I dressed up as a "mom" in my mom's dress with a baby doll in my arms. I chuckle at my career choice, but it doesn't surprise me at all because my family is definitely most important. I've also always had a passion for fashion, decorating and travel and even as a kid I loved reading the latest fashion magazines, rearranging my room and dreaming about traveling the world. It's so wonderful to have Palm Beach Lately's blog and online shop as a creative outlet to pursue all of these areas!"
2. To be successful you must love what you do; what do you do and why do you love it? Beth: " My sister and I have always shared a passion to scout the latest fashion, home, social and style trends. Three years ago, our love for trendspotting inspired Danielle and I to collaborate on a new concept for Palm Beach. We started a blog called Palm Beach Lately to give our readers a sneak peek into the Palm Beach lifestyle. What began as an idea has taken off into a modern online guide, shop and lifestyle brand." Danielle: "My favorite thing about co-founding Palm Beach Lately with my sister is that we get to work together every day! We perfectly compliment each other and balance out our strengths and weaknesses. Plus, it's fun! My favorite part of owning our own business is it has given me the ability to venture into many creative areas and try on different hats. As a lifestyle blogger, we get to be both in front of and behind the scenes, playing roles like creative director, model, photographer, stylist and writer. We also design our own products for our online shop and collaborate with amazing brands on features and products."
3. How would Vogue describe your baby style back in the day? Beth: " AccIessorize, Accessorize, Accessorize. No outfit was complete without a hair bow, sunglasses, hat or jewelry. I am still like that today and love a good statement piece." Danielle: " Vogue would say my style was spot on for the 80s. I had big, blunt bangs and loved pastel colors, polka dots and stripes. I found a picture of my sister and I when we were toddlers and we were wearing a flamingo and palm tree shirt, so not much has changed over the years! I also loved accessories, jewelry, shoes, ruffled bikinis... and matching my sister, of course!"
4.Was there an item or accessory you recall disliking, but were forced to wear? Beth: "From an early age, my mom gave into the fact that I wanted to dress myself." Danielle: "I'm trying to recall something, but I don't think so! I was a very easy-going child and enjoyed fashion from an early age. Bows were my best friend and I was never afraid of a trend, which makes for some great pics through the years."
5. In fashion blogger style, tell us about your child’s look. Beth: "Expecting in January, I can’t wait to see our little girl in the monogrammed Bettye Bloomer Set in Pink Savannah Seersucker. Seersucker chic is perfect for South Florida with a matching feminine bonnet, the perfect sun-shielding accessory." Danielle: "My girls are definitely girly-girls! They are all about dresses, matching and monograms. I love dressing them alike in feminine, preppy and classic styles. A variety of shoes and accessories are also a huge hit in our house!"
6. Since it’s #TBT, tell us your favorite “vintage” fashion icon. Beth: "Jackie O – she is the epitome of Palm Beach chic." Danielle: " To me nothing is more gorgeous than a woman with classic style and grace, so my favorite vintage fashion icon would have to be Jackie O. I strongly believe being beautiful on the inside is most important and will truly show on the outside. As a mom of two girls in this modern world, I am passionate about being a positive role model for them and raising them to be classic beauties both inside and out."